Follow this super simple guide to Root you Mi Max 2 Safely & Securely.
- Mi Max 2
- Boot loader should be Unlocked.
- Backup your device.
- Windows 7/8/10.
Commands to Follow:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
fastboot boot recoveryname.img
- Enable USB Debugging & Install via USB.
- Download all the files from above links.
- Extract the ADB folder and Copy the TWRP recovery file inside the ADB extracted folder.
- Switch off your device and Press Volume Down + Power Button Simountsly to enter fastboot mode after it shows Fastboot mode on Screen plus in the USB via PC.
- Go to ADB extracted folder and Press SHIFT + Right Click.
- Select Open command window here.
Enter the first command,
(your device name in xyz323sdh fastboot) will show up.
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img recovery.20170712.img
after it shows finished
Press Volume UP + Power Key for 5-10 Second until Mi logo shows up.
7. Your device will boot in TWRP, select Wipe and then Format data.
8. Reboot your device and copy the SuperSU.zip in Internal Memory, turn off the device.
Press Volume UP + Power Key for TWRP Recovery.
Select SuperSU.zip file
Slide to Install
After rebooting, Please open SuperSU once and then check your root via Root Checker.
Congratulations! Your Mi Max 2 is now rooted.