ONEPLUS 5/5T GETS ANDROID 8.1
OnePlus has released the latest rollout of OxygenOS Open Beta 4 update for its OnePlus 5/5T, and it brought a massive upgrade to the OnePlus flagship by updating it to Android 8.1 Oreo.
- Gesture: Now you can answer an incoming call by raising the phone
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added more Clock Styles for the ambient display
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- Gaming mode: Added new optimizations like power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- OnePlus Switch: Added support to migrate application data, for switching device easily
You can download this Open Beta Update from OnePlus Community Page and you can flash it manually on your OnePlus Smartphone. Here is How?
FOR NON-ROOTED USERS
- Download the Beta Full Zip/OTA from above link and place it in the root folder.
- Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown the Device > Press Vol Down + Power Together
- Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select Full Zip > Flash
- Upon Successful Flash > Wipe Cache
- Reboot Once Done
FOR ROOTED USERS (TWRP METHOD)
- Update TWRP to the latest codeworkx universal recovery from the link posted
- Reboot Recovery and Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM just in case you need it
- Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe
- Install Menu > Select OOS Open Beta Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash
- Flash Magisk 14.x to maintain root, later update to 15.3 within the Magisk App.
- Wipe Dalvik & Cache
Image Source: xda