After the launch of Samsung Galaxy Note8, all the eyes were on LG’s latest and greatest V30. This time LG has done almost everything right with their new smartphone from Next Gen P-OLED screen, lots of camera modes and tons of multimedia feature.
When it comes to the design of LG V30, It shares lots of similarities with its smaller sibling LG G6 like the full glass body, dual rear cameras and very same bezel less design like the G6. On the other hand, it also has some improvision in its design like the curve and smooth sides for better grip and also features curved screen corners.
the second smartphone to features a 6inch P-OLED after LG’s very own G-Flex 2
V30 is probably the second smartphone to features a 6inch P-OLED 18:9 Full Vision Quad HD Resolution display with 537 ppi and features an impressive 82% body-to-screen ratio. The display is HDR10 enabled and supports Always on Display. This display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
On the optics side, it has a dual 16megapixels camera with one being the brightest aperture on a mobile phone – f/1.6 and the other wide angle camera has a f/1.9 aperture.
The rear camera is capable of capturing 4K videos at 30fps with 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound recording. On the front, you have a 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture. This camera can do lots of incredible things like Point Zoom which allows users to zoom in on any subject smoothly using the zoom slider.
LG V30 has something called LG-Cine Log which allows for greater creative flexibility when capturing videos and Cine Effect provides a palette of 15 presets to give videos a unique movie-like look.
Talking about performance this device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 which is an Octa-core processor clocking at 4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo with Adreno 530 GPU on board for better graphics performance like all the 2017 flagships.
For some unknown reasons LG V30 has only 4GB of RAM.
V30 will come with two storage options one with 64GB and another one with 128GB of Internal Storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via dedicated microSD slot.
LG has equipped the V30 with a Hi-Fi Quad DAC with audio tuning by sound engineers from world renowned audio brand B&O PLAY. It also has IP68 water and dust resistance which means it can be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes.
It will be available in four different colors Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet. The pricing for V30 is not been unveiled as per now but we can expect it to cost around Rs.59000/- in India.
KEY SPECIFICATIONS AT GLANCE:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
Don’t forget to Share!
For all the latest Tech News, Buying Guides and much more, don’t forget to Subscribe to Our Newsletter.